This project is read-only.

updating for razor, nuget and glimpse

Oct 27, 2011 at 10:38 PM

I think darren's laid an awesome foundation w/this project and would like to help update the recipe by using some of the mvc3 tools - nuget, razor, glimse and so on.

Perhaps someone's already refreshed darren's work, if not, i'll be happy to upload my own after I hack my way past the db migration. I've worked most of the way thur part6 with only minor tweaks to account for building via nuget but the db connection is beating me up. If I have the db equivalent strucs in a sqlexpress, shouldn't i be able to swap connection string from the builtin to my migration?

Dec 10, 2011 at 8:44 PM

I am really interested in what you just mentioned.  Updating it to razor and nuget would be "great".  What I really want is to put the logging storage into Windows Azure Table Storage - which is actually a very logical place to store logging stuff.  I have logging for ELMAH and log4net working to Windows Azure Table Storage and would like to for Health Monitoring as well.  ** The main thing missing of course is viewing the logging info - the purpose of this project.

I am interested to see what changes are necessary to pull the logging data from table storage instead of a db.